A bartending job might be known to be attractive and high-paying but this does not come for free. You have to work hard to become one. It is just a good thing that that unlike before, there are now a number of ways to get your training.
At the same time, there are now also a number of facilities that offer bartending training and one of that is the École emploi Bar à Montréal. You can easily check for their website online and learn more about how to be a part of their school.
Before that though, if you are really serious about becoming a bartender one of these days, it might be beneficial to you to learn ahead some of the vital rules for bartenders:
- You must do everything you can to make your customer entertained and happy.
- Always keep in mind that you are there to work. This is not your party and this is not your bar.
- You should always act accordingly as there are many eyes watching you. If you are not comfortable with that, then this job is not for you. Better look for another career.
- Never sleep with a customer as this is one sure way to lose money and to lose your job.
- You must know a lot of things about alcohol. After all, this is the main highlight of your job. This is why it is important that you train yourself properly first.
- Cash-handling is king. You must always be accurate in charging your customers as well as giving their change. Don’t think that this won’t matter just because they are already drunk.
- Try to learn some humors. They might be there to drink but entertaining them is also part of your job.
There are still so many rules that a bartender needs to adhere. The bottom line is, you should know your place. Even if you own the bar, you should always respect your customers and act like bartender if you are acting like one.
Learning the bartending skills will not happen in an instant. In fact, if you will train in some facilities, it will take about a week before the training will be completed. This is because to be a bartender, you need to watch out so many things. And most of all, you need to be effective.